Monday, January 13, 2020

New Year, Same Me... but not really

A lot has happened since I last posted here... I'm kidding. Absolutely nothing has changed. My existence is limited to only the words in this blog.

On a moderately serious note, the transition from AS-Level to A-Level has been very very smooth. I didn't get the score I aimed for on the final exam, which was a huge bummer, but I rarely give up on things. I am going to get an A on the final grade, just watch. The haters really be praying on my downfall, but I will prove them wrong.

I think I have grown a lot as a person and as a filmmaker since the last blog. Watching myself in that CCR is incredibly strange because even though I look exactly the same and maybe act the same, I underwent a profound spiritual journey since my last post. My outlook on life has completely shifted because of some personal events that have turned my life upside down in many ways.

I'm quite excited for this portfolio project. I am planning on taking this project quite serious like it's kind of an introduction to my actual career. I want to actually be able to take it to some festivals, market it better, and add a higher degree of professionalism to the short film. I've made a couple short films in the past, so I'm not necessarily having to learn any basics of production. I'm tweaking as much as I can given limitations like time, budget, love, etc.

That being said, there is a huge marketing and distribution component to this project that I really want to execute well. Usually my films live and die on Vimeo or Youtube, but now I have to figure out how to reach way more people. That's definitely going to be the biggest challenge: creating a film that I am proud of while managing a campaign to make it reach a larger audience.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.


Image result for 2020 new years

No comments:

Post a Comment