Saturday, April 4, 2020

Production Design AKA Trashing the House

This took way too long. I wanted to shoot in my sisters' room because they are gone and they have white walls, which will look super cool for when the character gets rid of everything. The big problem with shooting in my sisters' room is that it has essentially become a storage unit for all kinds of stuff we don't want. 

I had to breakdown a bed and move a bunch of mattresses and other furniture. Also the bookshelf needed to be tweaked because I don't actually read books. I hung up a bunch of random stuff on the walls to make the place feel very full and cluttered. There are little bits of symbolism here and there with some of the posters and props that comment on politics, consumerism, etc. and it makes it seem like I know what I am doing, but really they're just happy accidents.

I was planning on drawing out a design for the room and meticulously placing things, but it would have been a waste of time to do that so I just started throwing things around that felt right.

It took about seven hours because I had to figure out where to store all the extra stuff that was now out of the room. The battery on my camera died several times and I found out timelapses are hard.




No comments:

Post a Comment