Thursday, April 9, 2020

F I L M I N G

I spent a couple of days prepping and shooting this film and it was honestly extremely exhausted. I got way too ambitious and I should have just come up with a dumb story that I could have shot in an hour, but instead I came up with a dumb story that took about a week.

The setup for each shot took a very long time, but about halfway through I decided to speed up the process and started using the Panasonic Image App. I explain my process the video:


Overall, the shooting process was quite annoying and inconvenient. Having to do every single thing and not being able to delegate any task is so irritating. I could only really do a couple of shots a day before the sun went down. I ended up cutting out a good chunk of the shots I had originally planned to do because I literally don't have the time to try being Edgar Wright.

I was also waking up at 1:00 PM but that is besides the point.

I wanted to open and close the film with a push in and back out of me in an empty room, but it became apparent that was not going to be possible. I slapped my camera onto a tripod and then stuffed the tripod into a suitcase. Suitcases have the smoothest wheels on the planet, so I was sure it would work. The only problem is that the wheels turn. I took two kebab skewers and tied them to the wheels to keep them from turning and it didn't work. Ultimately the moving shots came out shaky and gross.



I am so incredibly upset with myself. Every time I make a film, I forget to have a photoshoot at the end or something for thumbnails and promos. I promised myself I would not forget to take pictures because I knew that I needed it for the post card, but I forgot anyway.

I will just have to make do with the stills that I have from shooting. I think this still works fine and I can use it for a postcard or the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment